Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Mystical Tracks  

RSS

Heist4dmb
(@heist4dmb)
June 8, 2019 9:49 pm  

any word on witch, wizard , man o war?

ive only played witch and had a massive snake fly from a lake to the woods across a fairway to make me never wanna go back.... esh

anyway any condition reports on these 3 mid tiers 

thx!!

jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Estimable Member
June 8, 2019 11:44 pm  

Witch front nine is built on a swamp, so ya gotta expect flying snakes.

I had a gator come after me once at the Witch, which makes me wanna go back.

I haven't seen any reports on these three.

jw11

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
June 9, 2019 5:05 am  

Reports are missing for these courses. 

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
June 9, 2019 6:56 am  

Over the winter Man of War redid their traps, made some smaller and more pot bunker like in places.  Both Wizard and MOW have very nice greens, a good 36 hole day as they are across from each other..  Witch was wet all winter time and greens were not the best compared to the other 2.  Sure hear you on the snakes at Witch, something to avoid for sure.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
June 9, 2019 8:38 am  

Thanks for this information concerning The Witch. 

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
June 10, 2019 1:15 pm  

I loved all 3 courses, but havent seen to many reports on them.

Seeing snakes there would be cool. When i did read the signs about looking in woods for balls, i took it to heart. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
June 10, 2019 7:22 pm  

Snakes and gators abound at the Witch  - I played with a snakeologist one day who went hunting for them on  the marsh front nine whenever someone in our group hit one out of the fairway - he was bit by a green snake!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Heist4dmb
(@heist4dmb)
June 10, 2019 8:37 pm  

Gross. 

That slithering satan scared the hell out of me. 

Still no reports on conditions at wizard or MOW?

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Trusted Member
June 10, 2019 9:02 pm  

Played the witch about 4 years ago and we counted 22 gators on one hole. It was in May when it first started heating up. Counted near 3o all day.  Had to take an unplayable on the first hole as my landed in front of an 8 footer and he was not going to move. Just left the ball there. 

I think the witch was closed from much of last fall after Florence. Or at least 9 holes was. 

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
June 17, 2019 7:24 pm  

MOW has always been in good shape when I have played it.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
Share: