Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Grande Dunes Member...

Grande Dunes Members Club news  

RSS

1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Estimable Member
11/08/2019 5:10 pm  

GD Members club will be replacing their bent grass greens next summer for hybrid Bermuda (not sure if it will be Champions, Sunday, Mini-Verde or what).

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
11/08/2019 11:49 pm  

And idea if they will remain private?   

Maybe open up to package play after the new greens?  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
11/09/2019 5:50 am  
Posted by: @artmbgolf

And idea if they will remain private?   

My opinion is that they will eventually be like the Dunes Club and allow a certain amount of public play

Good move on changing over to hybrid bermuda

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Estimable Member
11/09/2019 10:49 am  

They are going public (or semi-private) but the details are still being worked out.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
11/09/2019 11:31 am  
Posted by: @mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer

They are going public (or semi-private) but the details are still being worked out.

Hope so....would like to play there again. 

We got on once years ago after playing the resort course one morning.  We wanted to replay, but the resort course was busy so they sent us over to the member's course. 

I don't remember a lot about it, other than my first impression was I preferred the resort course. It also seemed like most of the member's course was closer to rte 31, and there was more traffic noise on the member's course.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
11/09/2019 1:54 pm  

I played GD Members in spring + fall of 2013, when it was on package that year. 
I had it booked again in Spring of 2014, when it got sold and the new owner went 
private.  They canceled my tee times.     

I agree with Skippy about some traffic noise holes, like a few holes at Barefoot.   
I don't remember any waterway holes.   The style is like the Resort course, but it 
is not as difficult.   

It will be nice to have another fresh course option.    I guess it will be priced like the 
Resort course.  Most will think it's not worth more.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Honorable Member
11/09/2019 2:16 pm  

Bent grass is so tough to maintain down here,maybe with the new greens they will open to play to everyone.

ReplyQuote
Share: