Clear all

Golf Trip 2020

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
wolfpackguy
(@wolfpackguy)
Trusted Member

Great lineup...only thing I would maybe consider is replacing World Tour with Arcadian.  I just love that course for the price.  Since it looks like you are only playing 18 that day I would also suggest you play Arcadian in the morning and then slip down the street to Ocean Annies that afternoon for the views at their Beach and Poolside Bar.  Usually that time of the year they will have bands daily.  Older Crowd if that matters.   Coconuts is another beach bar and it's located maybe a mile or so from The Surf Club.  For dinner I would definitely recommend making reservations one night at Midtown Bistro in North Myrtle.  Wide Ranging menus with prices between 7 bucks for ala cart meals 10 dollar sandwiches, seafood dishes and steaks up to 28 bucks or so.  The owner recently converted the little white wedding chapel that was next door into a tapas and whiskey bar that just opened and is popular.  If you want to catch a game The Grumpy Monk is a great spot that stays busy which just opened in the area a few months ago.

ReplyQuote
(@cfreeman3)
Topic starter  

Awesome feedback and suggestions from everyone, much appreciated. Think I have narrowed it down to the below but really doesn't seem like we can go wrong and leaves plenty of options open for next year to fill in the places we don't play this year.

Thursday: 18 at World Tour or Arcadian

Friday: 18 at MB National South followed by 18 at MB Kings

Saturday: 36 at either River Hills or Thistle

Will report back here after the trip concludes. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

You will have plenty of options open for the next 5+ years, with equally good
lineups without repeating a course. 

On Friday, KN is a lot better than South, so sequence them based on what 
matters most to you.   

Thistle is more upscale than River Hills and Thistle has 27 holes.     

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

I think it is advantageous to NOT relocate after your front 18.

Playing the back 18 without getting in your car and driving makes things less stressful.

Which would mean staying at Myrtle Beach National on Day 2....Try South or West in A.M.  to Kings North in PM.

West is tree lined, no homes. Southcreek has homes and is a shot makers course with more doglegs.

Same clubhouse for all 3 courses

…………………………………..

Last day.. 36 at Surf or 36 at Tidewater (both are 18 hole /stand alone courses)....

OR  try Barefoot (four - 18 hole courses on one property Dye,Fazio,Norman, Love)...I would choose the Fazio and Love courses there, so you don't have to drive to the seperate Dye clubhouse. Norman is generally rated the lowest of the 4 and Dye is a difficult course which I would avoid on a 36 hole day.

………………………………..

On the first day ?... Glen Dornoch is very close to North Myrtle Beach and probably cheaper and nicer than World Tour...and Tidewater (5 or 10 minutes from Surf Club) is a great choice if green fees are  similar.

But if your heart set on World Tour, go for it.

There are no wrong choices, but convenience is always nice on a short trip.

have a good trip

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jw11

Glen Dornoch is very close to North Myrtle Beach and probably cheaper and nicer than World Tour...and Tidewater (5 or 10 minutes from Surf Club) is a great choice if green fees are  similar.

But if your heart set on World Tour, go for it.

My pick would be world tour over G Dornoch - but not by much

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: