Golf courses that y...

Golf courses that you can not overpowered  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 8:54 am  

Some golf courses just refuse to be overpowered. I think Arrowhead is one of them because it is one of the narrower course off the tee in the Myrtle Beach area, with dense forest and white-staked real estate bordering many of the holes. Water hazards also pinch things in at times. Irons has to be in arrow-straight at Arrowhead. Maybe i am out of bound, it is just my humble perception.

Do you have in mind a another golf course in Myrtle Beach area where placement of your ball is more important than distance, like at Arrowhead? 

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 9:58 am  

Many courses could be added to the list, Blackmoor comes to mind right off as does Rive Hills.  Position off the tee is so important, it will be good read others thoughts on this subject.   

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 10:17 am  

@leftygar1

I agree with you Lefty concerning Blackmoor and River Hills. Another one is possibly Long Bay, for some holes.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Estimable Member
12/03/2019 11:18 am  

Agree about Arrowhead and Long Bay.  

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
12/03/2019 11:24 am  

I say Hackler is another one on that list. 

I will also say i am not long enough to over power any course but i get what your saying. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
12/03/2019 11:28 am  

Interesting topic!

After Arrowhead, would definitely go with Blackmoor and maybe The Witch.

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

S***H and jbshepherds liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 11:32 am  

@denisgilbert

I agree on the Witch. Be cautious also for the alligators on this golf course Denis😄

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
12/03/2019 12:03 pm  

Good topic.

Agree about Arrowhead & Blackmoor.  Also agree about River Hills for the most part.  I don't remember everything bout Diamondback as I played it several years ago, but I do recall if you were in the woods, you were done.  There was no hope to recover and it was somewhat narrow.  Wachesaw East also comes to mind.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 12:37 pm  

@polekat914

I agree with you Polekat. I have played many times at Diamondback. The 10th hole is a difficult one. I remember also that the 17th hole is a real challenge. Look at this video: https://playdiamondbackgolf.com/video-spotlight-diamondbacks-challenging-par-4-at-no-17/

This post was modified 4 days ago by S***H

ReplyQuote
willmy86
(@willmy86)
12/03/2019 1:00 pm  

Litchfield CC comes to mind more than other for me..... I think on a good driving day Arrowhead can be overpowered. There are some great lines off the tee for the longer hitters.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 1:03 pm  

Founders Pawleys, Lockwood, Brick Landing. 

Grande Dunes from the tips.  🙂 

Eagle Nest from the Perch Tees. 🙄 

This post was modified 4 days ago by ArtMBGolf

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 1:24 pm  

@artmbgolf

Have you tried the perch tees at Eagle Nest Art? 😉 😉 

I agree on Brick Landing and for Lockwood Folly. I have not play Founders Pawleys so i can not say.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
12/03/2019 1:29 pm  

@willmy86

I had in mind these two nine ( Lakes and Waterway courses) at Arrowhead. Is it the same for you...

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Trusted Member
12/03/2019 1:52 pm  
Posted by: @artmbgolf

Founders Pawleys, Lockwood, Brick Landing. 

Grande Dunes from the tips.  🙂 

Eagle Nest from the Perch Tees. 🙄 

Yes to Lockwood & Brick Landing.  

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
12/04/2019 5:40 am  

I like taking the long hitters to MBN South Creek

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2