Diamondback 3.17.19

10 Posts
7 Users
3 Likes
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

First - these are really good people running the course - Patrick is the Pro and is a good guy. Diamondback can be a really difficult course if you can't put it in the fairway and play the wrong tee. Whites are 6300 Seniors are 5800. Play the ones you feel comfortable keeping the ball in play it's not that easy from the up tees - very good par 5's and several good 4's. The 16th par 3 is a real keeper.

Fairways and tees are good - not the best, but no problem playing them. The roughs are, well hopefully the summer will help them out. Their new greens are good. Putted at about 9 and the ball rolled where you aimed it. DB is a lower priced course, and it shows, but I wouldn't hesitate taking people out there. Tier 4 with a tier 2 or 3 layout. And they are busy right now running about 200 golfers a day all off the first tee. POP was 4:10. Not bad. It was an enjoyable day of golf as $5 went into my pocket.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

DenisGilbert reacted
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Congratulations for the 5 $ you made and thanks for the report.

Haven't played DB yet, but with what you wrote, I (and other MB golf lovers) should give it a try!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It's not ever going to be on the top of anyone's list, but I recommend playing there at least once. And thanks for the ups on the 5 bucks - I had to birdie 3 of the last 4 holes to win it!

DenisGilbert reacted
ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

Articles on the DB website sound like they have done a lot of work there.   
As long as the new greens stay good, it's worth it for a no housing budget course.  

Thanks! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
(@herdman)
Reputable Member

Have played there a couple of times. It can be very hard. Have not played it with the new greens and that is good they have them because the old greens were in trouble. That course has a ton of potential with the layout. Good course to play going in our out of NMB if you are heading in/out on Hwy 9. It is no warm up course though.  ? ?   

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

What makes DB tough is the driving - after that it is forgiving. Not difficult to get the ball up and down from off the green, and the greens are not tricky, fairly level for MB. Par 5's are tough for first and second shots.

herdman reacted
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Thanks Gregg for your take on Diamondback, long drive out on Hwy. 9 but as you said decent enough for anyone.

ReplyQuote
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member

I have heard of this course but not alot of reviews. thanks for the report!!

Let the Big Dawg Bark!!!

ReplyQuote
(@uncgolfer)
Eminent Member

Appreciate the report.  Our group drives in from Greenville SC to play each summer.

This has always been an option for first or last day... sounds like last day option to keep price down for the trip.

Thanks for the heads up.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Have you ever played Chanticleer in Greenville? - wish it was down here in MB

ReplyQuote
Share: