Calabash relocation  

Page 6 / 6
  RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/07/2020 3:52 pm  
Posted by: @bbbc

Update......purchased in Thistle, thanks for all the input.  Look forward to the transition.

Sounds good.   As you discovered, there are a lot of other courses nearby to 
Thistle.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
bbbc
 bbbc
(@bbbc)
Eminent Member
08/07/2020 7:30 pm  

@wolverine12  Awesome !!!  Does he like it ? Any regrets or all he wished for ?

ReplyQuote
bbbc
 bbbc
(@bbbc)
Eminent Member
08/07/2020 7:31 pm  

@mac  Copy that !!! good point

ReplyQuote
bbbc
 bbbc
(@bbbc)
Eminent Member
08/07/2020 7:34 pm  

@artmbgolf  Thanks Art.  My wife loved the home styles in Thistle, very old school European, I played all 27 a few times and liked it. Then played Brunswick Plantation, Crow Creek , Sandpiper and Sea Trail.......like all the variety.

ReplyQuote
RickK
(@rickk)
Trusted Member
08/11/2020 6:08 pm  

I know this thread has been around a while but reading it again I wanted to ask a question.  Are there any courses in the Calabash area where you can own your own golf cart and use it on the golf course(s)?

I guess I have become spoiled where I have lived in Texas.  The golf course communities I have lived in allow you to have your own golf cart, use it on the golf course(s), obviously paying a trail fee.  

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/11/2020 9:01 pm  

There are a lot of courses around Calabash, but not many high $, where 
residents will pay for a fancy cart.   

I can only remember seeing a number of fancy private carts at Barefoot, and 
they were only in the parking lot.   I can't remember seeing them on any course. 
Maybe courses are concerned about fast carts with rough tread tires hurting 
the course.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
bbbc
 bbbc
(@bbbc)
Eminent Member
08/11/2020 9:47 pm  

@rickk  I saw private golf carts in Brunswick Plantation running around the streets but they were parked to the left of the driving range and they had to take a golf course own cart to play.  I asked a guy about it and he said they aren't allowed on the course, just to bomb around the neighborhood.  Odd.

ReplyQuote
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Trusted Member
08/12/2020 5:38 am  

At Barefoot this is how it is with the carts as well, we cant take them on the course. They're great for going to the courses, the beach, Barefoot Landing, etc.. but you need to use the Club cars when playing.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/12/2020 9:36 am  

Few courses in MB allow Personal carts - they make a great deal of money renting their own and the annual fee for private carts is a lot less. I have seen private carts at Long Bay

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/12/2020 5:22 pm  
Posted by: @mperna2001

At Barefoot this is how it is with the carts as well, we cant take them on the course. They're great for going to the courses, the beach, Barefoot Landing, etc.. but you need to use the Club cars when playing.

Out of curiosity, do you ride from the condos at Barefoot to the Windy Hill area to go to the beach? Does Barefoot have a designated parking area for you? thanks.  

ReplyQuote
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Trusted Member
08/12/2020 5:58 pm  

@herdman yes, there are 2 lots for Barefoot residents as well as a lot of golf cart parking which you just need to be registered to be able to lose. Most people take carts as there is limited parking for cars and the BF lots do fill up pretty quick generally.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/12/2020 7:46 pm  

I hate the BF parking lot - I always end up on the secondary lot a mile away from the clubhouse!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/12/2020 9:43 pm  
Posted by: @mperna2001

@herdman yes, there are 2 lots for Barefoot residents as well as a lot of golf cart parking which you just need to be registered to be able to lose. Most people take carts as there is limited parking for cars and the BF lots do fill up pretty quick generally.

thanks. We used to stay there on vacations a lot. Stayed there a couple of times on some golf trips. Always have liked it there. 

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/12/2020 11:03 pm  

At BF, I see the personal carts parked in the parking spaces closest to the
bag drop, like that is an incentive to use them.   

Unless you are playing early, the BF lot near the bag drop will be full or will 
slow you down as others cruse for a spot.   I just go to the secondary lot now 
to avoid dings or bag scrapes.   It is a longer walk.        

ReplyQuote
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Trusted Member
08/13/2020 5:40 am  

i was actually referring to the lots for beach access. But yes there are 2 lots at the resort clubhouse as well and clearly marked cart spots for members and homeowners. it's quite convenient. interesting that folks say the main car lot is full as in my 8 years having a place there I've never seen it full.  

herdman liked
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: