Barefoot Fazio - 7/10

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A steamy afternoon round at the Fazio course. Was able to clock out a little early so why not start the weekend with a late afternoon round of Golf. Made a 3:30 tee time showed up at 2:50 and was on the course by 3. Staff and Pro Shop were very accommodating and in the pro shop they warned me that there was some damage to the 14th green where somebody took a cart out there and appeared to do some donuts. 

Overall, course in great condition, tees, fairways, rough. Greens good and their normal speed but not great as still a few spots not completely healed from the aeration. Not an issue by any means just not as perfect as they usually are. Will continue to get better and better. The issue on 14 is right in the middle of the green. They had the pin in the front so it didn't effect me. They've sanded over the tire marks and I'm sure it will take a little time to bring this green back to normal.

Plenty of grass in the fairways and ball generally would sit up although they were wet in spots and several holes we're CPO (9,14,15 and 18) thus not a lot of roll. I was able to par all of the long, challenging par 4's (2, 5 and 18) which usually hurt the scorecard so that was quite an accomplishment. Will most likely never be able to repeat that. Rough was very good, challenging and thick in certain areas.

I played thru a group on 2 and then on 6 and it was clear sailing. Played in about 2.5 hours which was nice. Done by 5:30, cooling off in the pool with a beer in hand by 5:40. Overall, a great start to the weekend on a course that continues to climb up my Favorites list. 

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Thanks @mperna2001!

It looks like you had the perfect plan for a great day! 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Good job on the long par 4's! Fazio is my favorite course at Barefoot. Stay safe! Thanks for sharing this report with us! 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

Did the 14th green look like regular cart tires, aggressive personal cart tires, 
like some BF members have or a car?    

Holes 2 + 5 always play difficult.  

Thanks for your report!  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Famed Member

2 and 5 belong in the #&^%&^%* golf hole hall of fame!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Good shooting on the tough 4's and an excellent POP, thanks for posting.

ReplyQuote
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @artmbgolf

Did the 14th green look like regular cart tires, aggressive personal cart tires, 
like some BF members have or a car?    

Holes 2 + 5 always play difficult.  

Thanks for your report!  

It was hard to tell but based on input from the pro shop i'd say a personal cart. Interesting enough when I was riding from 15 to 16 right before getting to the tee box I was almost taken out by 4 teenagers/young adults driving excessively fast coming right at me. Literally had to swerve out of the way. 

ReplyQuote
Share: