Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Arcadian and MBN We...

Arcadian and MBN West with 6542  

RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/06/2019 7:27 pm  

What a great day - 6542 can golf his ball and a great guy to play with. Arcadian had just aerofied fairways and greens. Average roll on tee shots was 1.47 inches! Greens rolled OK with the sand on them. Neither of us played particularly well but enjoyed the round together as we got to know each other. Give Arcadian two weeks and it should be awesome. A very good old style layout. Ran over to play MBN West with some of the guys I play with all the time after Arcadian. Course is in good shape, greens were good but slow. Fairways pretty good, but not good enough to play the ball down. Great service from the bag drop and pro shop. West is my lease favorite course of the three, but still a very enjoyable layout. We both played better in the afternoon. My secret sauce really kicked in on the last nine holes. If you get a chance to play with the Brownwood Bandit - do it.

6542 UGP

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
06/06/2019 8:07 pm  

What a great day of golf with the Pro. Played two courses today for the first time. I got to see how real golf can be played. One pro shot 68 then the Undercover Pro Shoots 69 but he had 6 birdies and one bogey for a 31 back nine. I did manage to shoot 73 and was 1 under on the back. Can't wait for tomorrow playing Long Bay and Diamondback.

JW11 it should have been on pay per view so you could see be get ran over today, That secret sauce that UCP use really came to life that back nine.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
06/07/2019 6:08 am  

Sounds like a great day ONE.

I believe in an earlier post I stated that you two were pretty even, but UGP needed to give up 1 or 2 a side because he knows the MB courses (especially MBN courses) better than The Coach.

I ( and many others here) woulda been on the edge of my seat if this were a Pay Per View event.

Looking forward to tomorrows results.

Good luck Coach. You are now the underdog, and everyone loves an underdog.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
06/07/2019 11:06 am  

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great day was had by all.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/07/2019 4:55 pm  

Thanks for reporting. Always fun to make new friends.

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
06/07/2019 7:02 pm  

It has be such a pleasure to play with all the guys I have had the chance to play with these past 2 days. I believe I have made some great friends I hope to play again with the next time I am in MB.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
06/09/2019 7:00 am  

Thanks for your report, Arcadian is a favorite of ours as we stay across the street from it, MBN is another good layout that can be user friendly.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
06/09/2019 8:45 am  

Honestly, i found that Arcadian Shores is less user friendly than MBN. The West is easier than Southcreek. If you want to play a course very easy, for to build your confidence at the beginning of your season, play the West course.

This post was modified 4 months ago by S***H

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
06/10/2019 10:16 am  

This looks like a great pairing! 😉

Thanks for the report!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
06/10/2019 1:10 pm  

Those are great days at golf. Love watching people who make it look so east, and to play with them is even better.   thanks for update on the courses. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/10/2019 1:24 pm  

JB - We still on for Arrowhead in July?

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
06/11/2019 1:23 pm  

Come Hell or High water i am there!!!! I have the count down till vacation, 29 days, 2 hours 36 mins

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/12/2019 12:15 pm  

JB - do you have a course in mind?

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/12/2019 12:16 pm  

JB - Just checked old messages - Arrowhead.

ReplyQuote
Share: