Notifications
Clear all

8 July 2020 - Burning Ridge  

RSS

Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
07/09/2020 9:26 pm  

It's been a few years since I've played Burning Ridge and it was good to be back.  There was a ridiculous amount of rain the day before so wet conditions were expected.  Conditions were:

Tees - Good.  Pretty flat too, which is appreciated.

Fairways - Good.

Rough - Very good.

Bunkers - Too much rain & lots of standing water.  Can't really say anything because of that.  Considering the rest of the course, I would imagine they are well maintained too when dry.

Greens - Very good.  Probably running 9.  A little better than Pine Hills which I played about two weeks ago.

Cart Paths - Could use some work.  Lots of standing water because of the rain.

I like Burning Ridge.  The par 3s are tough with some challenging forced carries.  Most of the holes homes are not in play.  Where you can see the homes, they are far enough off the rough where you'd really have to miss to hit into them.  

Big thumbs up to Burning Ridge based on current conditions.

hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member
07/10/2020 8:11 pm  

Thanks for the update.  About ten years ago I playedBR and really liked it.  I'm playing it later in the summer.  

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
07/11/2020 10:01 am  

I played BR many times. This golf course is under the radar. I like this course. A good value.

Thanks for the report. All what is important is there.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
07/12/2020 1:30 pm  

Thanks again @Polekat914!

Burning Ridge is a good bang for the buck kind of course!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
djr6648
(@djr6648)
Eminent Member
07/13/2020 11:07 am  

We always enjoy playing Burning Ridge during the winter. Course is usually in very good condition.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
07/13/2020 4:18 pm  

Good report on Burning Ridge, a course we seem forget about over the winter time, maybe next year.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
07/13/2020 7:59 pm  

I liked BR the one time I played it.

Thanks for the reports David.

JW

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
Estimable Member
09/09/2020 5:12 pm  

UPDATE 9.9.20

Wow, what a surprise. First time playing BR. Myrtle got drenched last night and we teed off in the rain so didnt expect ideal conditions. CPO was obvious before we hit the clubhouse. What a great course.

Yeah, you had to roll it a little in some spots in the fwy and greens but the turf was good-really good! Cant recall an MB course that so far exceeding my expectations.

I love how the green entrances/surrounds are so varied from hole to hole. Just a great/fun/playable course. Highly recommend.

P.S. the green on 13 may be the most beautiful green I've played in Myrtle Beach. I dont know how many pinnable spots there are but it looks like a rumpled blanket draped over your bed after a good night of sleep. Just frickin cool.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
09/10/2020 10:54 am  

A solid tier three course with a couple of difficult holes - 1 is a tough starting par 5

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
09/10/2020 7:07 pm  
Posted by: @say8pet

UPDATE 9.9.20

Wow, what a surprise. First time playing BR. Myrtle got drenched last night and we teed off in the rain so didnt expect ideal conditions. CPO was obvious before we hit the clubhouse. What a great course.

Yeah, you had to roll it a little in some spots in the fwy and greens but the turf was good-really good! Cant recall an MB course that so far exceeding my expectations.

I love how the green entrances/surrounds are so varied from hole to hole. Just a great/fun/playable course. Highly recommend.

P.S. the green on 13 may be the most beautiful green I've played in Myrtle Beach. I dont know how many pinnable spots there are but it looks like a rumpled blanket draped over your bed after a good night of sleep. Just frickin cool.

Thanks Peter.

I , too,  agree about this course exceeding expectations.

FYI  : it is not a great layout and you can't expect a tier 1 or 2..... but for a mid tier, I agree.

It is worth playing for sure.

If you never palyed it...you can expect a River Club or Litchfield type layout .

When I played it the conditions were outstanding and I think as good as River Club 

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
09/11/2020 1:52 pm  

Thanks for the multiple reports on this course. I will have to add it to my lineup in following years.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
09/13/2020 7:15 am  

Burning Ridge is fun to play. A lot of good holes on this golf course. 

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Share: