Notifications
Clear all

10 July 2020 - Myrtle Beach National - South Creek  

RSS

Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
07/11/2020 8:49 pm  

First time in a while playing South Creek.  Conditions were wet as we've had a lot of rain recently.  Course was as follows:

Tees - Good

Rough - Good to very good.

Fairways - WET.  Quagmire.  Driving a cart over them would have caused the cart to get stuck.  Had to move the ball around to find a good place to hit it.  The fairways weren't cut, but I can understand why because it was so soggy.

Bunkers - Wet.  You can tell they cared for them but they still need some time to dry up.

Greens - Very good on the front.  Back were good.  Two greens had some problems but they had the pins away from the tracks or whatever was going on.  

Cart Paths - Need some work.

It's a fun course.  Tight in spots, some interesting holes, #10 is a standout.

It should be drier over the next week or so and I would expect South Creek to dry out and be in really nice shape.  MBN is a good facility and I would imagine it will be really nice later this week once it dries out.

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
07/11/2020 9:19 pm  

The 10th hole at Southcreek is a long par 5. A dogleg turning right. Except for a long hitter, it is difficult to make a birdie on this hole.

Thanks for sharing your report.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
07/12/2020 1:23 pm  

Great report @Polekat914, thank you!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
07/13/2020 4:21 pm  

Another spot on report, thanks for posting.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/21/2020 5:52 am  

A favorite course of mine to play

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/21/2020 6:38 am  
Posted by: @s333h

The 10th hole at Southcreek is a long par 5. A dogleg turning right. Except for a long hitter, it is difficult to make a birdie on this hole.

Unfortunately for me, a lot of the guys I play with can  hit that green in two including Quevy and A08. It's a great Par 5 and a risky shot over the water for a long hitter - but plays fair for us shorter hitters around the lake with a good look at the green from 100 to 120 yards

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
07/21/2020 2:49 pm  

Thanks for the update, it is a great course to play. I wish we had some of that rain up here, we are bone dry. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: