Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Question for those of you who end up renting multiple bedroom condos for multiple people  

RSS

RickK
(@rickk)
Eminent Member
09/02/2019 9:09 pm  

When we go to the World Am, we all rent separate hotel rooms.  I have stayed on time with 3 other guys in a 3 bedroom condo and shared the cost.  Will admit it is much cheaper BUT....

These 3 bedroom condos I have seen have a nice master bedroom, a smaller second bedroom, and then a room a little bigger than a closet at my house with a single bed in it.  

How do you equitably split up the cost?  Someone is getting a nice room, someone an ok room and someone is like the red-headed step-child room.  BTW...I was the red-headed step child once and that is why I get my own hotel room.  

Just curious...you understand.

Dobbs2u
(@dobbs2u)
09/02/2019 10:28 pm  

In the Murrells Inlet area check out the Ellington complex at Wachesaw, great 3 bedroom layouts and a year round outdoor pool & hot-tub as well as indoor pool and hot-tub.

https://vacatia.com/myrtle-beach/festivas-ellington-at-wachesaw-east-resort-vacation-rentals/three-bedroom-three-bath

This post was modified 3 months ago by Dobbs2u
This post was modified 2 months ago by Dobbs2u

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
09/02/2019 11:38 pm  

Most of my group like to room as single or double.  I have only one group of 3 
who get a 3 bedroom.   They have never said anything about the cost.  I have not 
heard how they decide on rooms.   

If it's the same 3 every year they can take turns.   If playing golf on arrival, they can 
play a match for best room.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
09/03/2019 3:44 pm  

As long as i have a room big enough for my clothes and my clubs i am cool. if not we are playing to see who gets the nice rooms. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Trusted Member
09/06/2019 1:32 pm  

We get a four bedroom cottage. Each one has his own bedroom and they are pretty much the same size. One of the bedrooms has two singles and the others have queens and a King. Two of the bedrooms share a bath and two have their own bath. We always go to "our" bedroom and we split the cost evenly. No one complains.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/06/2019 2:35 pm  

We've got the same threesome every year & just rotate. Usually stay in a 3 br at barefoot yacht club towers. 

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
09/06/2019 3:07 pm  

Before two of my golf buddies retired, we were used to go to Barefoot Yacht Club Villas and since not every room was the same format, it was the total of all par 3's during our arrival round that decided who was the first, second and third to decide wich room he will take (the fourth didn't have any choice...)!

It was quite thrilling... and challenging! 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
09/07/2019 3:05 am  

I like that Denis

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
09/10/2019 8:34 am  

Good solution Denis! 

ReplyQuote
djgoodmansr
(@djgoodmansr)
Eminent Member
09/12/2019 11:12 am  

@kio57

We do the same. Pretty sure we stay in same area 😎 

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Trusted Member
09/12/2019 6:00 pm  

@djgoodmansr

Yes we do!

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Estimable Member
09/13/2019 4:13 pm  

For years our group of 20 have been staying in 4 bedroom-4 bathroom condos in NMB (Crescent Shores).  The room sizes are pretty equal but one is the master with a king-size bed, two have queens, and one has two single beds.  Since we have been going on this trip for 25 years, the rooms are decided based on seniority.  

If we stayed in a hotel, I would want my own room.  I like the privacy and don't particularly want to share a bathroom with someone else.  

Oh, in the condos there is a flat-screen TV in every bedroom and a larger flat-screen in the living/dining room.

ReplyQuote
Share: